EMERGENCY SERVICES EXPO 2019

by Graham Gibb

emergency response expo 2019 bribie island vmr (2)
Aerial platform water canon using the fogging technique.

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

A Great Success

The 2019 Bribie Island Combined Emergency Services EXPO has come and gone for another year. Over the past days, the feedback to me and my colleagues from those who participated in the event, the local community, social and print media, the 2019 EXPO was: “The most outstanding event held so far” … although hard to gauge, many are estimating crowd numbers to be more than 3500 people!

Personally, I cannot express my gratitude deeply enough and on behalf of the organising committee, I sincerely thank everybody who contributed. The success of the Emergency Services EXPO is so dependent on the valued input, support, and participation of our emergency services partners.

This year we introduced our first Emergency Services Young Ambassador, Tahnee Gordon from Bribie Island State Primary School and plan to continue the Young Ambassador program next year. It is a good opportunity to engage with the younger generation, who will form part of our future emergency services. Following the arrival of the official party, Grace Lutheran College 14-year-old student Morgan Adamski sang a beautiful rendition of the National Anthem.

Following was an action-packed program of events including: SLS IRB on water & drone deployment, SES flood boats on water and VMR flare demonstration, VMR and CG on water demonstration, Westpac helicopter winches a person from water and lands for inspection, Twinnies Pelican release, QFES high rise aerial demonstration, Combined Cadets march, Water Police Dive Unit demonstration and Road crash demonstration.

emergency response expo 2019 bribie island vmr (2)
Banksia Beach School Band was a great hit, congratulations Mr Martin O’Callaghan and students it was a pleasure to hear the polished performance of the students at our EXPO. The Banksia Beach Advanced Band has won First Place & received a gold adjudication critique for the past six consecutive years in the Queensland Youth Music Awards (QYMA), which is one of Queensland’s longest running school-based music competitions and attracts more than 4,000 performers each year.

Where to from here…? Yes, …2020 is on the planning table and with the date being known in the coming weeks. In the meantime, I am interested in your valued opinion on the 2019 day, what did you like about it, and what might be improved or done differently? The following link will allow you to view some of the photos published to date, there will be a video produced and available shortly.

Thank you, Bribie Island and district community, for your continued support of the event. https://www.facebook.com/vmrbribie/ e: [email protected] w: vmrbribie.com

Other Articles

PREPARATION KEY TO EMERGENCY RESPONSE

Previous articleCommunity Event – Markets for Woorim – Nov 9th
Next articleHealth & Nutrition – High five your veggie intake
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.