This Easy South-western Mac and Cheese is the perfect easy stove top dinner that your family will love!
• 2 cups elbow macaroni (uncooked)
• 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
• 1 small yellow onion diced
• 2 cloves of garlic minced
• 1 teaspoon salt
• 2 teaspoons chili powder
• 1 teaspoon cumin
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
• 1 cup half and half
• 1 cup whole milk
• 2 cups cheese shredded
• 15 ounces diced tomatoes drained
• 4 ounces green chillies drained
• 15 ounces black beans drained & rinsed
• 1/3 cup frozen corn
• Cook the macaroni according to package instructions. When it is finished cooking, drain and set aside.
• While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a large skillet. Add in the onion and garlic, then add the salt, pepper, chili powder, and cumin. Cook until the onion is soft and translucent, about 5 minutes.
• Whisk in the flour. Then slowly whisk in the half and half and the whole milk. Stir in the grated cheese and stir until completely melted. Add the cooked noodles to the cheese sauce.
• Finally stir in the diced tomatoes, the green chillies, black beans, and corn.
• Top with fresh chopped cilantro, fresh tomatoes, and jalapenos and enjoy!