2 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 medium zucchinis
3 Japanese eggplants
A pinch of salt and pepper
2 ¼ cups marinara sauce
½ cup ricotta cheese
½ cup grated mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated parmesan
1 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh basil
1. Slice the eggplant and zucchini lengthwise, you can slice it on the mandoline if you have one.
2. In two large baking trays, lay down eggplant and zucchini slices, sprinkle with pepper and salt, drizzle with oil.
3. Bake at 180C for 5 min on each side, cool.
4. Spread 2 tbsp. of pasta sauce on the bottom of a deep baking tray.
5. Layer the zucchini slices across the tray, top with a tbsp. of sauce and ¼ cup of each parmesan and mozzarella, followed by a few tbsp. of ricotta.
6. Repeat the next layer with eggplant slices.
7. Repeat all the layers until you finish with all the slices, and finish with ¼ cup of parmesan and mozzarella on top.
8. Bake at 160c for 20 min until the cheese is melted and golden on top.
9. Sprinkle basil to serve
Nutrition per serving
Total Fat 11.11g