Gluten-free plain flour, to dust
400g frozen Careme Gluten Free Sour Cream
Shortcrust Pastry, thawed
1 bunch unpeeled mixed baby (Dutch) heirloom carrots
700g unpeeled carrots, cut into 3cm pieces
2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
11/4 tsp caraway seeds
1/2 cup (120g) sour cream
Labneh, dukkah and snow pea tendrils, to serve
CARROT TOP SALSA VERDE
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
1 tbs baby capers in vinegar, drained, finely chopped
1/4 cup (60ml) red wine vinegar
3/4 cup (180ml) extra virgin olive oil
1. Grease a 18cm x 25cm fluted tart pan. Lightly dust a work surface with flour. Roll out pastry until 3mm thick, then use to line
pan. Freeze for 1 hour.
2. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line pastry with baking paper and fill with pastry weights or rice. Bake for 25 minutes or until just dry.
Remove the weights and paper, and bake for a further 10 minutes or until golden and dry. Set aside.
3. Meanwhile, reserve 2 baby carrots to garnish. Cut off tops from remaining baby carrots and wash and reserve, then chop flesh
into 3cm pieces. Place in a microwave bowl with regular carrots, then cover with plastic wrap and microwave on high for 10
minutes or until slightly tender. (Alternatively, steam in a colander set over a saucepan of simmering water for 20 minutes.) Drain
liquid, then place carrots on a baking tray. Drizzle with 2 tbs oil, scatter with caraway seeds and season. Roast for 40 minutes or until caramelised and tender. Cool. Reduce oven to 160°C.
HOW TO MAKE CARROTS
4. Whiz the carrot mixture in a food processor to a puree, scraping side of bowl. Add the eggs and sour cream, and whiz to combine. Pour into pastry shell and bake for 40 minutes or until filling is set. Cool completely.
5. Meanwhile, for the salsa verde, finely chop reserved carrot tops, then combine with all remaining ingredients in a bowl and season.
6. Using a vegetable peeler, thinly slice reserved 2 baby carrots and place in a bowl of iced water. Drain just before serving.
7. To serve, spread tart with labneh and scatter with dukkah, snow pea tendrils, salsa verde and thinly shaved carrots.