International Women’s Day Breakfast with VIEW

The Bribie Islander Magazine

bribie-island-view-club-groups-3

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

International Women’s Day will be celebrated by Bribie VIEW Club at a breakfast on Friday 6th March. Local author Tina Marie Clark has been invited as the guest speaker. Tina was born in Zimbabwe, lived in South Africa and England but now calls Bribie Island home.

Classed as a thriller writer Tina has published 6 books plus an illustrated companion book to Child of Africa. With this colourful background, Tina has plenty of interesting stories. She is passionate about different cultures and wildlife, the wilder places of the world and especially the importance of literacy which is also the focus of The Smith Family and its VIEW network of 17,000 Australian women.

Tina’s theme will be “The Art of Uplifting”, with stories about how women everywhere help and support each other. President Faye Clark noted that VIEW was founded 60 years ago as a vital part of The Smith Family to provide women with a Voice (petitions to Parliament), Interests (social programmes) and Education through guest speakers at their meetings.

The VIEW colours of purple green International Women’s Day Breakfast with VIEW and white are the colours of the Suffragettes.

‘We are delighted to have Tina Marie with us on this very special day’ said Faye.

Where: Serenity Restaurant, Waterways Hotel

When: Friday 6th March 8.30 am Cost: $25 All are welcome. Phone Stella 0419 796 476 to book.

Other Articles

Previous articleBribie Island Pink Golf Day – Charity Fundraiser
Next articleBribie Island Healthy Slimmers Fellowship Club
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.