Locals Only – Jack James

By The Bribie islander Magazine

Bribie Island Taverns. Pubs. Hotels. Motels. Things to do. Local entertainers. Music

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Bribie Island Taverns. Pubs. Hotels. Motels. Things to do. Local entertainers. Music

After a few days of concern regarding the weather, the Locals Only Show went ahead as planned drawing a large and appreciative audience. Organisers have always maintained that the show is blessed. Hosted by Dan Burns, it was an afternoon of music and laughter with magic performances from Dreadfully Bald, Col Shields, Frolly and Rhino Kennedy. Quite a few artists decided to stay home because of the ‘cyclonic’ weather.

It was great to see the return of Frank and Amanda to the Locals’ stage. Known as Frolly, they were well worth waiting for. Voice of Locals Only winner, Jack James had the beer garden rocking as well. The afternoon isn’t just about the music in that it’s become a place for musicians and their friends to catch up. It’s also a place to meet young emerging artists and to get to know them. Amanda Jones’s son, Corey and his buddy on bass had a hit out on the stage. Corey has been down in Melbourne studying at Music College for the last couple of years and it really showed in their set.

The next Locals Only Show is on the 31st March and will also feature the World Wide Shave for a Cure. Fiona, Karen, Janet, and Thommo will be shaving their luscious locks for charity. A few other latecomers will also be involved in this fundraiser. Please come by and support this event.

In Other News

MaryAnne Cannon has a new duo playing around the Island. Named “Yannabelle”, they play a variety of instruments and a great selection of crowd favourites. Rhino Kennedy has commenced studies in music down in Brisbane and we wish him all the best. Rhino has been involved in the Locals Only Show since its inception and it’s encouraging to see him take his music further. Malcolm Smith and his Black Adder band are about to go into the studio to record their album.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Friday 15th March 5pm-9pm. Dave Lynch Jr.

The Human Jukebox returns to the stage with his amazing voice and music skills. A must see show for music lovers.

Friday 22nd March 5pm-9pm.

The “Voice of Locals Only” winner, Jack James. A real crowd favourite and a great singer/ songwriter just recently returned from the USA.

Friday 29th March. 5pm-9pm.

Ricky Taite. Performer extraordinaire.

Sunday 31st March.

The Locals Only Show. 1pm-5pm. Join Dan Burns and the WhamBam Thank You Band for an afternoon of fun, laughter and great music. Featuring many guest artists,this show is in its 12th year and showing no signs of slowing down. A great day of entertainment.

Previous articleTRIVIAL PURSUITS!
Next articleISLAND QUILTERS WELCOMING NEW MEMBERS
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.