Sports AWARD TIME

By Neil Wilson - Sub Editor for the Bribie Islander

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

At this time, members of sporting clubs everywhere gather for end of year celebrations and to pay tribute to those in the organisation who have shown their skill throughout the year and, during a sumptuous lunch at the Bribie Island Hotel recently, Bribie Island Indoor Bowls Club members were recognised for their achievements.

Featured Image(above): Bribie Island Bowls Club – Club Triples Championship winners. L to R- Eddie James, Sandy Martin & Roger Avern Runners up – Kevin Fuller, Kim Ford & Kerry Smith

After club president Margaret Dunn welcomed everyone to the event and thanked Division One Councillor Brooke Savige for attending, the award recipients were announced and I don’t think that too many people were surprised (except maybe Bruce himself) when Bruce Hennessy was named as Club Champion for the second year in a row. Along with the extensive number of bowlers who received trophies, Lara Patey was honoured with the “Rising Star” award.

Following the presentation of awards, the drawing of the raffle winners began and, thanks to the marvellous effort by Roy Bradford who spent many hours collecting donations from local business, there were many prizes to be won. It would be remiss of not to mention that both the food and friendly service at Charlie’s was worthy of praise and all who attended thoroughly enjoyed the occasion.

On a rather sad note, one club member who was missing from the occasion was treasurer Alan Landeman who suffered a severe stroke in the days prior to the event and was in hospital at the time. Regrettably, Alan passed away the following day and the thoughts of all are with Alan’s wife Jenny and the family in their time of grief.

Other Articles

Gloss Magazine Bribie Islander 1st Edition Jan 04 2019 Issue 78

Previous articleIS BRODI OUR NEXT JEFF?
Next articleBUSY FINGERS – Charity, Second hand store Jan 2019
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.