• 250g pkt plain sweet biscuits
• 125g butter, melted
• 3 teaspoons gelatine powder
• 500g cream cheese, chopped, at room temperature
• 395g can sweetened condensed milk
• 2 teaspoons vanilla bean paste
• 9 x 45g assorted Nestlé KitKat bars
• STEP 1 – Grease a 19cm x 29cm slice pan. Line the base and 2 long sides with baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
• STEP 2 – Use a food processor to process the biscuits until finely crushed. Add the butter and process until well combined. Spoon into the prepared pan. Use a flat-bottomed glass to press and evenly spread mixture over the base. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
• STEP 3 – Place 60ml (1/4 cup) water in a small heatproof bowl. Sprinkle with the gelatine and stir until well combined. Place the bowl inside a larger heatproof bowl. Pour boiling water into the larger bowl until it reaches halfway up the side of the smaller bowl. Set aside, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until the gelatine dissolves.
• STEP 4 – Meanwhile, use electric beaters to beat the cream cheese until smooth. Add the condensed milk and vanilla bean paste. Beat until combined. Add the gelatine to the cream cheese mixture. Beat until combined.
• STEP 5 – Pour the cream cheese mixture over the biscuit base. Smooth the surface. Place in the fridge for 6 hours or overnight until set.
•STEP 6 – Arrange KitKat bars in a pattern over the cheesecake, trimming to fit if necessary. To serve, use a small sharp knife dipped into warm water to cut into slices.