OYSTERS WITH AVOCADO AND MANGO SALSA
• 1 small just-ripe mango, peeled, finely chopped
• 1 small ripe avocado, stoned, peeled, finely chopped
• 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons lime juice
• 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped coriander
• 24 (2 dozen) natural oysters
• Step 1
Combine the mango, avocado, red onion, lime juice and coriander in a medium bowl.
• Step 2
Arrange oysters on a large platter of salt or ice. Spoon mango mixture evenly among oysters. Serve immediately.
PERFECT PESTO OYSTERS
• 1/3 cup firmly packed fresh basil leaves, plus small leaves, to serve
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
• 2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted
• 125g butter, at room temperature
• 36 (3 dozen) Oysters
• Rock salt, to serve
• 20g (1/4 cup) finely grated parmesan
• Lemon wedges, to serve
• Step 1 – Process the basil, lemon juice and half the pine nuts in a food processor until finely chopped. Transfer to a bowl. Add the butter and stir until well combined. Season.
• Step 2 – Preheat grill on high. Line a baking tray with foil. Place the oysters on the lined tray. Spoon the butter mixture on top of each oyster. Grill the oysters for 2 minutes or until butter is sizzling and oysters are heated through.
• Step 3 – Place the rock salt on a large serving platter. Top with the oysters. Sprinkle over the parmesan, remaining pine nuts and extra basil leaves. Serve with lemon wedges.
• 300ml champagne or sparkling white wine
• 2 green shallots, finely chopped
• 300ml double cream
• 18 natural oysters, in the half shell
• Freshly ground white pepper
• Chopped fresh chives, to serve
• Step 1 – Place the champagne and shallot in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 5-8 minutes or until mixture reduces by half.
• Step 2 – Reduce heat to medium-low. Add the cream and any juice from the oyster. Season with white pepper. Simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce reduces by half (you should have about 300ml of sauce).
• Step 3 – Preheat the grill to high. Divide oysters, in their shells, among 6 small gratin dishes. Pour over cream sauce. Place the gratin dishes on a large tray. Cook under grill for 3 minutes or until oysters are golden and sauce bubbles. Cool for 2 minutes. Sprinkle with chives and serve.