Turkey Club Burger
Lighten up your traditional hamburger with lean ground turkey— less saturated fat, without less flavor
56gm 99 percent fat-free ground turkey
1/2 cup spring onions rinsed and sliced
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1 large egg
1 Tbsp olive oil
2 Tbsp light mayonnaise
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
115gm spinach or rocket, rinsed and dried
115 gm portabella mushroom, rinsed and grilled sliced (optional)
4 whole-wheat hamburger buns
- Preheat oven grill on high temperature (with the rack 8cm from heat source) or grill on medium-high heat.
- To prepare burgers, combine ground turkey, green onions, pepper, and egg, and mix well. Form into 1/2- to 3/4-inch thick patties, and coat each lightly with olive oil.
- Grill burgers for about 7–9 minutes on each side (to a minimum internal temperature of 70 °C.)
- Combine mayonnaise and mustard to make a spread.
- Assemble 3/4 tablespoon spread, 1 ounce spinach or rocket, several slices of grilled portabella mushroom (optional), and one burger on each bun.
Tip: Try it with a side of Grilled Romaine Lettuce With Caesar Dressing Hint: To grill portabella mushrooms, scrape off the gills from underneath the mushroom AUD casinos caps. Lightly coat with olive oil, and grill for 2–3 minutes on each side or until tender. Slice and set aside until burgers are ready.