The National Disability Insurance Scheme or NDIS is a new way to support Australian’s with a disability, and make sure everyone has the support they need to enjoy an ordinary life.
The NDIS helps people under 65 with a permanent and significant disability. Permanent means the disability will not go away.
Significant means the disability affects the things people need to do every day. People with an NDIS plan will get supports and services they need.
There are 3 types of support budgets that might be in your NDIS plan:
- Core supports Budget
- Capacity Building Supports Budget
- Capital Supports Budget
Core Supports mean supports that help you with things:
- you do every day
- that help you with your disability
- that help you meet your goals
Goals are things you want to happen eg. Get a job, make friends, become more independent. The Core Supports budget gives you the most control over your plan money.
Core Supports budget has 4 support areas:
- Help with your day to day activities. Eg.-cleaner for your house if you cannot clean it yourself or help with dressing or cooking.
- Consumables – means support you need every day. Eg.- continence items
- Help to be part of the community. Eg- a CAREGiver to help you be part of community activities.
- Transport. Eg-a CAREGiver to help you access the community.
After you start to use the support for things you do every day you may become more independent and do things by yourself or with less help.
To contact the NDIS call 1800 800 110.
Home Instead Senior and Disability Care can provide the following core support to increase independence, inclusion and social inclusion:
- Assistance with Personal Care
- Social and Community Participation
- Daily tasks/ Shared Living/ Skill Development
- Household Tasks and Cleaning Our CAREGivers are
- Personally, matched for client compatibility.
- Caring, Compassionate, reliable, dependable, passionate and professional
Fully insured, fully trained and fully screened Our Services are available hourly up to 24 hours/ day, 7 days/week including overnights, weekends and public holidays. Call 3482 0800