Bribie Island. Artists. Community Arts Center. Art Competition

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Bribie Island. Artists. Community Arts Center. Art Competition

MASTERPIECES IN MINIATURE

Can you create art within a fifteen-centimeter square area? If you answered yes to that question, then you should probably be already planning your entry in the Mathew Flinders Art Gallery “Mini Masterpieces” exhibition which will go on display in the gallery from 28th May until June 9th.

Curator Kate Goulding, who ran the exhibition in 2017, said that this gives both adults and children the opportunity to try their hand at a new scale of art. ‘All mediums are welcome, as long as entries are no bigger than fifteen centimetres square or cubed.

Mini canvases of that size are available for sale at the Bribie Island Community Arts Centre at a cost of five dollars which is the entry fee for the exhibition, said,’ said Kate. ‘We were really surprised by what the people came up with last year and the bids at the auction were a reflection of how popular the various Mini Masterpieces were.

Artists, craftsmen and women and also children loved the challenge of telling a story on the tiny canvasses,’ she added. There will be cash prizes on offer for both adults and children and all works will be auctioned on the final day of the exhibition with all proceeds going to the Bribie Island Community Arts Centre to assist in the always necessary maintenance and upgrades to equipment.

This year, the Mathew Flinders Art Gallery requires new mobile walls in order to cope with the larger number of entries in the Mathew Flinders Art Prize which will be held in July and August. All entries in the Mini Masterpieces exhibition will need to be at the centre by May 26th for hanging.

The Bribie Island Community Arts Centre is on Sunderland Drive in Banksia Beach and is open every day except Monday from 10 am until 4 pm.

For information about the Mini Masterpieces exhibition or any of the activities at the centre, they can be contacted on 3408 9588.

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/bribie-island-church-times/

https://thebribieislander.com.au/vibe-markets-arts-and-crafts-bribie-island/

Previous articleHealth and lifestyle – Benefits of Liposomal Vitamin C
Next articleWatching someone trying to park their car
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.