Cancer Council Queensland’s Biggest Morning Tea Fundraiser

BY The Bribie Islander - Local Newspaper & Blog

Cancer Council Queensland. Fundraiser event. Bribie Island. Brisbane. Charity.

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Cancer Council Queensland. Fundraiser event. Bribie Island. Brisbane. Charity.

THOUSANDS PUT THE KETTLE ON FOR AUSTRALIA’S BIGGEST MORNING TEA

This month thousands of Queenslanders will gather in living rooms, cafes, workplaces and community halls to pour a cup of tea for a special cause! Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea, one of Cancer Council Queensland’s signature events, raises funds to support more than 27,000 Queenslanders diagnosed with cancer annually.

This May the campaign will celebrate 25 years of making a difference. Cancer Council Queensland CEO Ms Chris McMillan called on locals to register and host a morning tea to give hope for a cancer-free future. “Every cuppa poured and dollar raised enables Cancer Council to continue investing in lifesaving cancer research, prevention, advocacy and support programs,” Ms McMillan said.

“One Queenslander is diagnosed with cancer every 20 minutes – the length of an average morning tea break. “Dedicate your tea-time to making a difference this year so that patients and their families can be supported every minute, every hour, every day.

“Hosting a morning tea is easy. Simply gather your closest friends and family, set a date, raise funds, and enjoy a cuppa together.” In 2018, the official day to host a morning tea is Thursday, May 24, however, anyone can host at any time in May or June. Australia’s Biggest Morning Tea is the largest and most successful event of its kind in Australia.

Over the past 25 years, more than $31.2 million has been raised for Cancer Council Queensland by like-minded individuals pouring a cuppa for the cause. Register to host an event at biggestmorningtea.com.au or call 1300 65 65 85 to receive a free morning tea host kit.

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/fundraiser-local-event-bribie-island/

Previous articleFrom Carpet Bowls to Country Music
Next articleWoodcrafters Association donates to Advanced Breast Cancer Group
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.