By The Mini Bribie Islander - Gloss magazine

queensland tourist destination

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Bribie Island Community events

A MEDIEVAL MATINEE PRESENTED BY THE ABBEY MUSEUM OF ART AND ARCHAEOLOGY FOR SICK CHILDREN AND THEIR FAMILIES

The 29th Abbey Medieval Festival, in all its colour and grandeur, will take place over the weekend of July 14-15, at Abbeystowe, off Bribie Island Road, Caboolture. A special Medieval Matinee will take place on Friday 13th July, from 10.30am-12.00 with a number of hospitals, foundations and allied care organizations attending. This event which is free for pre-registered organizations to attend has a unique program of medieval events designed to put a smile on the faces of sick children and their families. The event will include a medieval joust display, a demonstration of strength and skill, a generous helping of medieval sparring, an obstacle course featuring the Damsel in Distress and Slaying of the Dragon, and a renaissance fencing display. ‘This year, we want to acknowledge some of the most vulnerable in our community and help put a smile on their faces’, says event Director, Ms Edith Cuffe, OAM. ‘Family fun is our priority. We all know how much sick children miss out, so we have also included an animal menagerie with plenty of patting ponies and dogs.

BORROW A DVD OR BOOK

The Bribie Island Vietnam Veterans Association has, over time, built up a large collection of books and DVD’s and are now making them available for members of the public to borrow. Anyone interested should call in to the VVA Dust Off Pad on First Avenue next to U3A between 9am and 1pm on weekdays.

29TH ABBEY MEDIEVAL FESTIVAL AT ABBEYSTOWE

The 29th Abbey Medieval Festival, in all its colour and grandeur, will take place over the weekend of July 14-15, at Abbeystowe, off Bribie Island Road, Caboolture. This year the program offers even more unique opportunities for visitors to get involved with activities in the medieval the encampment, deepening personal experiences and re-enforcing grounding connections with history. The festival commences with two banquets taking place on 30th June and on 7th July. These promise to be as flamboyant as always, this year featuring a delicious menu, a dramatic peacock subtlety, fire-dancing, and a Viking guard-display. Festival-goers will also find a very unique marketplace with over 70 stalls offering many chances to experience tasty medieval cuisine and shopping. The public is invited to get involved in the sights, sounds and movement of the festival including the dancing, the very creative costume competition and also for the first time, three workshops are available to attend. On festival weekend, gates open at 9.00am. Online purchaser will gain entry to the grounds a half-hour earlier this year to help expedite important security checks. This year the joust is included in the festival ticket, no need for extra queuing and more time to enjoy the festival. And to entice further medieval fun, this year the public will be offered the opportunity to purchase VIP corporate boxes, promising visitors a taste of the medieval ages – VIP style!

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/bribie-island-community-arts-centre-different-display/

Previous articleFunny Pet Pictures and Images June 2018
Next articleFur Seal spotted at Woorim
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.