SPRING IS THE SEASON FOR MUSIC! – Music Event – 22nd September

By The Bribie Islander Magazine

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

On Sunday 22nd September the Bribie Island Orchestra is giving a concert of popular music from Verdi to Joplin – from Dvorak to Offenbach with guest artists the Dexterous Digits Duo.

Featured Image(above): Cassandra D’Arcy and James Lloyd

The Spring Concert will be held at the Bribie Island Retirement Village Hall, Foley Street and will commence at 6:30 pm. Special guest artists Dexterous Digits Duo comprises the talents of Cassandra D’Arcy on mandolin and violin and James Lloyd on classical guitar. The pair met while playing in the Brisbane City Pops Orchestra where Cassandra plays the cello and James plays guitar and percussion instruments.

Both artists are teachers – Cassandra at her Dexterous Digits Music School, teaching all the stringed instruments, whereas James has directed the Brisbane Spanish Guitar Centre since 1976. Casandra also plays in the Indooroopilly Chamber Orchestra and with the Bribie Island Orchestra, founded and conducted by her father, Martin White.

James has an interest in arranging music for guitar groups and ensembles and this has led to the formation of the Dexterous Digits Duo as a vehicle for exploring music of all styles and periods. We will be welcoming back our two expert trumpeters Ruth and Jennifer Grant for this concert and they will ensure that you toe-tap along and if you don’t feel like getting up to do the Can-Can it will be because you can’t.

Convenor of the concert Heather White said supper will be provided and tickets are modestly priced at $15 for adults and $5 for children. For more information contact Heather on 5497 5818.

Other Articles

Previous articleGloss Magazine Bribie Islander 19th Edition September 13th 2019 Issue 96
Next articleHistory – JUST 10 YEARS OF BRIBIE HISTORY
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.