Blue Pacific Hotel beer garden – Locals Only

By The Bribie Islander - Local Newspaper & Blog

Bribie Island. Local bands. Caboolture

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Blue Pacific Hotel beer garden. Local entertainers. Musicians. Singers. Bribie Island. Local bands. Caboolture

Locals Only

Another successful Locals Only Show was had, at the Blue Pacific Hotel beer garden with just about every act in the running for Performer of the Day. There was a great variety of different acts, including a surprise performance from Bribie High School’s Kayleigh Marvin, who had a bit of a sore throat from rehearsing an opera in which she was performing the following day.

Featured image(above): from left Peter Orr, Lonesome Dave and MaryAnne Cannon, and,
obscured, Gentleman John Girgenti on drums

This wonderful and very talented young lady is destined for a career in the entertainment industry. Later in the day, she surprised everyone by performing ‘All That Jazz’. Kayleigh was awarded the Locals Only Outstanding Achievement award during the afternoon. The other highlights from the day included Mickey H’s 4 On The Floor band, and what a great performance from these guys. Mick, and bassist, Johnny were members of the very first band to appear at Locals 10 years ago.

The return of Frankie Lennon, and the performance by Janine Williams, MaryAnne Cannon and Kayleigh Marvin together was just beautiful. The organisers at Locals cannot express their gratitude enough for the generosity of the Cool Coda band for the PA system, and Matty Knyvett for a truly excellent job at the controls.

Cool Coda will be appearing at Blueys on July 8th. You really need to see these guys. In other music news, Mick Early and the Doodads will be appearing at Sticky Fingers (behind Mayaada Bazaar) in Bongaree. MaryAnne Cannon will be appearing at the Bar & Grill, Bongaree on Mother’s Day from around lunchtime onwards.

Bribie Island. Local bands. Caboolture

Great crowd at the Locals Only Show.

Finally, Locals Only would like to thank and acknowledge the hard work and musicianship of Keith Haigh as he moves on to more music projects. He’ll be sorely missed at Locals and his input and support for the last 10years have been invaluable.

Keith has brought many of his music students to the Blueys stage. We wish him well in his new endeavours. Next Locals Show is 27th May featuring TJ Mack, 4 on the Floor, Erin May and Dan Burns. See you there.

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/local-musician-sings-at-local-hotel/

https://thebribieislander.com.au/local-music-band-event/

Previous articleThe Bribie and District Woodcrafters Association
Next articleLocal entertainer and music teacher Mary Anne Cannon gives recipient award
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.