“Honouring the Mother within”

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

WITH MOTHER’S DAY FAST APPROACHING, SUNDAY, MAY THE 9TH, IT HAS MADE ME REFLECT, WHAT IT IS ALL REALLY ABOUT.

Is it just a day where we celebrate the act of mothering? Isn’t the act of mothering supposed to be appreciated every day? I guess for some, the day makes one stop and acknowledge all the wonderful things one in a mothering role does.

As I drove my daughter to school, I pondered the thought, “to be a mother”. Whilst I appreciate and value my journey as a mother, it made me realise there are so many mothers out there that aren’t really appreciated and valued.

What does it really mean to the mother? Thoughts of someone that provides great care and support to someone, showering one with affection came to mind. To protect, nurture and support their child or children throughout life. A mother stays with us forever, even as we travel into adulthood and isn’t that part of the mother role, to support us throughout our journey, ensuring that we are kind and considerate to ourselves and the world around us?

The thought came forth that there are so many women that even though they have not borne children, still are in a mothering role. If that is the case what about all the father’s out there that is a standalone parent and are in the mothering role too? Does it really mean that one has to be of female “to mother”?

In these modern times, I feel we should celebrate all the people out that provide care, love and support to all those that need mothering.

Often a person in a mothering role forgets they need to show kindness and consideration to themselves and is in the habit of putting themselves last. So, whether it is yourself, your mother or someone that provides love and care to a mother, I urge you to take time and honour the mother within!

As part of celebrating the “Mother within” for the month of May, I am offering a discount, for any booking of the Aroma Magic Technique which is a soft form of massage that aides in relaxation, reducing stress and building the immune system. Normally $80, you will be able to receive a treatment for just $70, just mention you saw this advertised in the “Bribie Islander”.

If you would like to book a session or have any questions, phone for a FREE consultation. I can also be contacted on 0405 361 882 or creativeandhealingtherapies@outlook. com. Alternatively, you can find me at Woorim markets 2nd Saturday of each month, look out for the purple gazebo! Blessings in Abundance, Maria Christina