Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Last Sunday of the Month Locals Only
www.thebluepacific.com.au 3408 1004
Featuring Local Talent & Special Guest Artists

Due to the weather, the last Locals Only show had to be cancelled. As much as we all look forward to seeing the show, it was deemed to be better safe than sorry. The lineup included a very special guest duo as well as another surprise guest artist. Luckily, though, they will both be available for the next show on the 30th September. The organisers were really looking forward to seeing the duo in action.

In other news, Erin May have released their new film clip to their original song ‘Spider ‘ on YouTube making this the second one, following their ‘Moonshine ‘ film clip. Check out both of them. Erin May is another one of the great finds of the year at Locals’. Both film clips were shot and edited by Cavell Schipp, also an accomplished musician with his own band. It was really special to see the return of Dave Lynch jr last Friday night and regulars were left wondering if there’s anything he can’t sing and play.

The Blue Pacific Hotel Bribie Island

NEXT MONTH…JACK JAMES…ONE OF THE CROWD FAVOURITES AT BLUEY’S

He’ll be back on the 14th September from 5ish – 9 pm. Also noticed a very good article on Jack James in the Mini Bribie Islander, written by Neil Wilson. He does a fantastic job of his column Entertainers around the Island, full of lots of information about our favourite musicians, which we wouldn’t know otherwise.

Returning to the Friday night stage this month, is Grant Daniel, an all-around great musician and vocalist. In answer to those who keep asking when he’s due back, his very busy schedule, especially on Friday nights makes it difficult to lock in dates but happy to say we’ve managed to secure his show for a couple of appearances over the next couple of months. The next Local’s Only Show is on 30th September from 1-5pm. It’s also NRL Grand Final day so a huge turnout is expected. Guitarist, Peter Orr has told organisers that he might be bringing along a couple of guests to play, as well.

Upcoming Events

14th September. 5pm- 9pm. Dave Lynch Jr. …to see is to believe. Guitarist /Vocalist extraordinaire! This is one of those performances that you’re going to remember for some time afterwards.

21st September. Grant Daniel in Concert. One of the hardest acts to get due to his very busy workload with his bands and solo career. You’ll really like this one! 4.30ish -8.30 pm.

28th September. 4.30ish -8.30ish. Cannot say enough about this very talented performer except that she has a huge fan base. Exceptional vocals and guitar. A must see performance.

30th September 1pm -5ish. The Locals Only Show. A variety of different genres of music over 4 hours including a couple of very special performances from some amazing guest artists. The show everyone has in their calendar.

Blueys would also like to ask that when you’re leaving the venue, to please be mindful of our neighbors so we can keep presenting fine quality entertainment in the fabulous beer garden. See you all there.

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/entertainers-of-the-island-jack-james/

Previous articleBecome a Surf Lifesaving Nipper
Next articleThe Mathew Flinders Art Gallery, another exhibition
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.