Bribie Island sports – TIGERS CONFIRM COMPETITION TEAMS

By The Bribie Islander Magazine

bribie island sports soccer

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Dan Clancy, President of the Bribie Island Soccer Football Club, confirmed that for 2019 the Tigers is fielding seven teams in the Sunshine Coast Football Competition – Senior Women, Senior Men, Under 15s and four teams of Under 12s including one girl’s team. “Having two more competitive teams than in 2018 is an amazing result and shows that our focus on growing our membership is really paying off”, Dan said.

Featured image(above): Craig Davey New Senior Men’s Coach and Bob Hamblin Team Manager.

Our 2019 teams are very keen to build on the success of last season where four out of five teams made it through to the finals with two of these playing in the Grand Final and our Over 35s taking out the win. There are still a couple of places in our competition teams, so if you are interested in dusting off your boots, then get in touch.

We are particularly looking for players to join our Senior Men’s team and would welcome those who are aged 17 to 34 years old or over 35 years of age who are confident in their physical capability to compete. Our new coach for Senior Men, Craig Davey is keen to get the players on the field and get the season underway. “We are absolutely stoked to have such an experienced coach join our ranks for this season,” Dan said.

“We know that Craig will invest in the team 110% and we believe that he can take our Men through for the win.” In the very near future, we will also be finalising our Miniroos teams (under 6 to under11) and working with our coaches and team managers to get the season underway. We are also looking forward to welcoming our newest players in our Miniroos Kickoff program which starts on Saturday 2 March.

This program offers participants a comprehensive introduction to football for over 18 weeks. This program is very popular and at $146 is extremely good value. Check out the club’s Facebook page for links to register. There are always opportunities to make a difference to our kids, so if you want to coach, be a team manager or volunteer with the club, let us know. Further information is available on our website or our Facebook page.

Previous articleBEACH REPORT Bribie Island – March 2019
Next articleLetters to the editor March 2019
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.