By Timothy Allsworth

Cyclone Oma. Weather.

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Cyclone Oma. Weather.

Cyclone Oma is currently situated about 300km south-west of Vanuatu heading in a southwesterly direction.

Featured Image(above): Satellite imagery of cyclone Oma in the coral sea

The Bureau of Meteorology has issued a dangerous surf and swells warning as the Category 3 system approaches for Tuesday Evening which you can find here

At this stage, cyclone Oma has about a 20 – 30% chance of impacting the southern Queensland coastline.

The weather models are split as to which direction it will take, it could head towards the south-east of Queensland, or toward New Zealand.

Cyclone Oma. Weather.

Image is taken from windy.com for Sunday 24 Feb 2019

If cyclone Oma does impact the Queensland coast, it will be a direct impact by a category 1 or 2 system and will cause torrential rain and destructive winds up to 130 km per hour.

As it is still too far to tell what the system will do, this article is an alert, not an imminent warning.  Please stay updated at Higgins Storm Chasing for further updates, this article will also be updated as to the progress of the system.

Check out this infrared imagery of the cyclone
https://www.goes.noaa.gov/sohemi/sohemiloops/shirgmscol.html

Cyclone Oma. Weather.

Possible cyclone tracks taken from https://meteologix.com

Other articles

Historical tropical cyclones that have crossed the Queensland coast

Previous articleBribie Island History – Cemeteries. Why can’t you be buried on Bribie Island?
Next articleCyclone Oma update – Severe weather is likely
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.