- 5 egg whites
- 350 grams of caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon cornflour Instructions
1. Preheat oven to 120 degrees Celsius.
2. Prep a piece of baking paper by placing a dinner plate on it and tracing around it. Flip the paper over. Put it on a baking tray.
3. Whip the egg whites in an electric mixer until thick.
4. Add the sugar a tablespoon at a time, ensuring to whip it in completely before adding the next.
5. Add the cornflour, vinegar, and vanilla and continue to whip for a further 5 minutes.
6. At this stage the mixture should hold stiff peaks and be able to be turned upside in the bowl, if it can’t, whip it for a few minutes more.
7. Fill in the centre of the circle on the baking paper then move to the outer edges, trying to create a crown. Lift up the peaks with a fork to make them high.
8. Bake at 120 degrees for 1 hour then allow to cool in the oven with the door ajar for another hour.
9. Dress just before serving.