The Bribie Island Croquet Club are holding a Fun Day Fundraiser

By Neil Wilson - Sub Editor for the Bribie Islander

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

As what is arguably one of the most proactive local organisations which are involved in providing assistance to those in the community who are struggling, the Bribie Island and District Neighbourhood Centre is always in need of community support by way of donations to supplement the meagre funding that it receives from government and, in order to help in this regard, the Bribie Island Croquet Club are holding a Fun Day Fundraiser.

The event will be held on November at the club’s premises on Sunderland Drive in Banksia Beach and committee member Jan Rees has told me that it will be a day for the entire community to enjoy. ‘Everyone is welcome to come along and they don’t have to have any prior experience at croquet, said Jan.

‘In the morning, beginning at 10 am, there will be a variety of fun social events which everyone can be a part of and this will be followed by a sausage sizzle. After lunch, we will be spending a bit of time coaching the teams which enter the annual Community Club Challenge before play begins,’ she added. Jan pointed out that the club would like as many businesses, clubs and other organisations that wish to enter a four-person team in the challenge and she explained that as well as having their name placed on the Croquet Mallet Trophy for 2018, the winners will receive a small individual trophy.

She told me that all equipment will be provided and the only stipulation is that players must wear covered footwear. Those who come along will have the opportunity to pick up a bargain at the “Make It, Bake It, Grow It, Sew It” stall and to win a prize in one of the raffles. Donations of items for either the stall or the raffles would be very much appreciated and all funds raised on the day from the stall, raffles and Challenge entry fees will be donated to the Bribie Island and District Neighbourhood Centre.

Further information about the day can be obtained by calling either Jan Rees on 0437 008 042 or Lyn Beh on 0419 404 166.

Other Articles

Living with a disability – Afternoon tea – 3rd December

Previous articleBribie Island Community Arts Centre – Craft Gallery
Next articleEighth annual exhibition by the thirteen members of the Art Tarts
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.