Local Musician sings at Local Hotel

Local musician

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Musician. Singer. Queensland Pubs. Bribie Island Pubs. Shave for a mate. Hotel.

ANOTHER WILD AND WOOLLY DAY IN THE BLUEYS BEER GARDEN LAST SUNDAY AT LOCALS ONLY

Bribie island Locals only

The show got off to a great start with the WhamBam ThankYou Band and a stand-in drummer, Paul Humphries sitting in for the day.The two teenagers from Bribie High, Bella Hughes and crowd favourite, Paige Montgomery, showing the crowd what a little determination, some confidence and, a great deal of rehearsal can do. Both young ladies ‘wowed’ the crowd with their respective sets.

Another artist, Wally the Bush poet, entertained us all with his original and very humorous bush poems. As the rain began to come down, Malcolm Smith grabbed his guitar and sang acoustically on the verandah to the delight of patrons.  Eventually ending his set back on stage with the PA going again.

Thanks, Malcolm, for keeping the mob entertained while the electrical stuff was being covered up. An old mate of Locals Only, TJ Mack, who very rarely gets a Sunday off, came to play..and play he did.

He’s a really great performer and Blueys is hoping to get him for one of the Friday night gigs in the next month or so….then the rain came down…so the Shave 4 A Mate was then organised. Once again, the Blueys audience dug deep, not only for the Shave but the Glenn McGrath breast cancer appeal.

5 beards were shaved and another just trimmed by the ladies, Kelly and Maria from the Straight Edge Cutting Bar in Bongaree amid chaotic circumstances. The Shave managed to raise around $800 which was a great help to the recipients.

Photos were taken by Deb Neill and can be seen either on her website or the Bribie Locals Only website.

We would also like to acknowledge the valuable assistance from Flying Fingers Typing Services and our friends at Victory Press who did a wonderful job with the Posters. Next Locals show will be on 29th April from 1-5pm.

See you there. Keep it Local.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Another month of top quality entertainment at Blueys.
Friday, 6th April ………..Dreadlock Cowboy. 5pm-9pm. Truly Excellent duo.
Friday, 13th April ……….Fabio Tolli. 5pm-9pm. Come see this very talented performer. Crowd favourite.
Friday, 20th April ………Jack James. 5pm- 9pm. voted best new artist at the recent Locals Only awards.
Come see why.
Wed, 25th, April ………..Anzac Day. to be confirmed. 1pm- 5pm.
Friday, 27th April ………5pm- 9pm. Dave Lynch Jr. The human jukebox is back. This bloke is the hardest
working entertainer and very much the crowd favourite.
Sunday, 29th April. ……The Locals Only Show. 1pm- 5pm. The most awaited show in the month.
Featuring emerging singers and musicians, plus a few of the regulars for a
diverse and entertaining afternoon. Held in the beer garden in a kid-friendly environment.

Thanks to those of you who come on the Friday nights, and especially the locals who turn out regularly to the Locals Show.

Featured Image: Alby Lincoln – Local musician

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/local-music-band-event/

https://thebribieislander.com.au/elvis-is-on-the-island/

Previous articleLocal Mural Artist Paints Water Tower
Next articleButterfly House presents award
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.