And the kilt waggles on

By Neil Wilson - Sub Editor for the Bribie Islander

Bribie Island community events. Entertainment. Shows. 

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Bribie Island community events. Entertainment. Shows.

I suppose that the question that automatically comes to mind because of the above heading is, “What makes a kilt waggle?” and, for anyone who doesn’t know the answer (all of us), I would suggest going along to the Bribie Island Recreation Hall on June 2nd at 1.30 pm when that popular group of entertainers, the Bribie Gleemen, will be holding one of the ten concerts that they are scheduled to perform this year.

The concert has been named “The Waggle of the Kilt” and naturally will be an afternoon of songs with a strong Scottish influence. Bribie Gleemen Publicity Officer John Gaffy said that to create a true Scottish theme, there will be a piper accompanying many of the afternoon’s ‘Kilt Waggling’ songs and he expects that as usual, the concert will be very well attended. John also told me that the Bribie Gleemen are always happy to welcome new members to the group.

‘We would really like to see some new faces coming along, especially a few younger ones,’ said John.

‘Anyone who is interested should give me a call on 3405 1837,’ he added. The Bribie Gleemen have a longstanding reputation for putting on great entertainment so I would strongly suggest that if you enjoy listening to the music of Scotland, you get along to “The Waggle of the Kilt” on June 2nd at the Recreation Hall.

By the way, if anyone thinks that a front row seat at the concert might give them the chance to solve an age-old mystery, forget it, the Gleemen won’t be wearing kilts.

Other Articles

https://thebribieislander.com.au/bribie-island-boating-clubs-classic-boat-regatta/

https://thebribieislander.com.au/community-events-bribie-island-orchestra/

Previous articleMake your Move
Next articleAUSTRALIAN PIED OYSTERCATCHER – HAEMATOPUS LONGIROSTRIS
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.