The Australian Vintage Aviation Society & Caboolture Community Action

By Neil Wilson - Sub Editor for the Bribie Islander

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

As Christmas draws nearer and the stores are crowded with shoppers who are in search of that special gift for a loved one, there are some who, due to any of a number of circumstances, are unable to afford a present for those that they care about and this, of course, means that not everyone will get a present this Christmas.

In order to lessen the impact of this very sad situation, the team at TAVAS (The Australian Vintage Aviation Society) have joined forces with Caboolture Community Action, an organisation which helps those who are experiencing financial hardship and people at risk of becoming homeless, to make sure that these people will get a present at Christmas. TAVAS co-founder Nathalie Gochel explained to me that, from when the society opened the doors to the public in June, giving back to the community has always been a central part of their operation. ‘People.

Especially the young, don’t forget that it is Christmas just because the family is experiencing difficulties and in an effort to help Caboolture Community Action provide presents to all that they support, we are asking for help,’ said Nathalie. ‘We would like people to buy a gift, wrap it and label it with gender and age, and place it under the Christmas tree that is in our hangar (Hangar 106) on McNaught Road at Caboolture Airfield. This will finish on December 15th and the gifts will then go to CCA for distribution,’ she added. Nathalie said that apparently there is always a shortage of gifts that are suitable for teenagers so presents for adolescent males and females are a priority. Gifts for female and male adults are also required.

This is an opportunity to brighten the Christmas period for those who are struggling and, if anyone would like to know more, they can either call TAVAS on 5495 7069 from Wednesday to Sunday or Nathalie Gochel on 0421 799 431. Information is also available by sending an email to [email protected].

Other Articles

Microlight aircraft club – Caboolture Airfield.

Previous articleChristmas lights display at 90 Foxtail Crescent in Banksia Beach
Next articleBribie Vibe Market – November 25th
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.