The Bribie Islander Magazine

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Bribie Island Groups. Bicycle Clubs

Coffee and a Donation

Whenever we stop for coffee during or after rides, the members of Bribie Island Bicycle User Group (Bribie BUG) contribute donations to help a local charity of our choice. We have been supporting the Bribie-Moreton Hospice Health Services for two years now and our members recently voted to continue this support for another year.

Featured Image(above): (From L to R) Nell Baker, Hospice Op Shop Manager Joan Harrison, Hospice Committee, Member Lyn Stevens, Hospice Committee Member, Joan Cornett, Hospice Vice President Leo Boonstoppel, Bribie BUG President Kerrianne Hickman, Hospice Committee Member Maree Cunningham, Hospice Honorary Secretary Linette MacFarlane Bribie BUG Member.

Over the last year, our members donated $939 which the club rounded up to $1,000. On 26 September members of both the Hospice committee and Bribie BUG gathered outside the Bribie Hospice Op Shop to see our President Leo Boonstoppel present a cheque for this amount to the Hospice Vice President Joan Cornett. Bribie BUG was formed to encourage bicycle use on Bribie Island and to help cyclists meet each other and ride together to explore Bribie and other areas on the mainland.

We also seek to improve conditions and facilities for cyclists on Bribie. Bribie BUG holds regular weekly rides for members and visitors. Rides currently leave from the Information Centre on Benabrow Avenue, Bellara at 8 am on Mondays and Saturdays and 6 am on Wednesdays, weather permitting.

Bribie BUG’s free annual event for cyclists of all ages, Ride Bribie Island 2019, is coming up on Sunday, 27 October at Apex Park, Bongaree with rides of 40km, 30km, 20km and 10km on offer. Contact Bribie BUG at [email protected] or phone Isabel on 5496 8661 for more information.

Other Articles

BIDCA Music Festival 26 October 2019

Previous articleEver wondered what pesticides lurk in your fishing hole?
Next articleGloss Magazine Bribie Islander 22nd Edition October 25th 2019 Issue 99
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.