WHAT A GREAT WEEKEND AT BLUEYS FOR AUSTRALIA DAY

By Alby Lincoln

Bribie Island taverns. Pubs. Places to go. Things to do. Music.

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Tags: Bribie Island taverns. Pubs. Places to go. Things to do. Music.

Every event was really well attended and throughout the weekend, there was much laughter, good times and above all, great live music. Friday night saw the return of Dave Lynch jr who showed the audience,locals and visitors alike,why he’s known as the Human Jukebox. Such a versatile entertainer,once again, the dance floor was packed. If you missed him this time, Dave will be back at the end of February.

Featured Image(above): The Dance floor at Blueys

Saturday Arvo featured the Tiki Island Garden Party and the beer garden resounded with the iconic music that made Australian music world famous. The delicious cocktails made the day even more special. But wait!! There’s more!! .. Sunday.. The Locals Only Show celebrated their 11th Birthday and Awards Day in true Locals fashion with a stunning lineup. Hosted by Dan Burns,the show got off to a nervous start, with many of the performers being stuck on the Bribie bridge and Dan had to do some hasty rearrangements and the show went forward from there… Some very good sets from Dreadfully Bald (a duo), Neal Downs but the act of the day was the Kevin Dutton Band.

Voice of Locals Only winner, Jack James and host of the show, Dan Burns hanging the Trophy

It was a standout performance. As usual,due to the support of Local businesses and local fans, the day was highlighted by the Annual Awards Day presentation. The winner of the main award the Voice of Locals Only,went to the very popular local musician, Jack James,much to the delight of the audience. Jack saw the show out with the style that’s made him so popular at Blueys. Other Awards went to Neil Wilson, journalist… Deb Neill Photographer.. Best Duo/ Trio … Peter Orr’s Hi Notes.

The winners of the Best Band played at Blueys, the next day, for the Australia Day public holiday in the beer garden. Cool Coda, a group of very talented musicians did what they do best. More on this great band in a later issue of this magazine. 100% Australian Pub Rock group and left the crowd wanting more.

Cool Coda, ‘rockin’ the beer garden!

They have a number of different themed shows which are getting them noticed around the traps. Well Done to all the trophy winners you thoroughly deserved them. The venue did their usual great job of keeping the weekend going well and alive with local music. This Friday night sees the return of the best New Artist trophy to the beer garden stage. Begins at 5pm a great talent for your enjoyment.

UPCOMING EVENTS…

Friday 8th February. Ricky Taite. One of the crowd favourites. 5pm-8pm.

Saturday 9th February. Tiki Island Garden Party 1-5pm.

Sunday 10th February (Arvo). Live music. 1pm-5pm

Friday 15th February. Dave Lynch Jr. rocks the venue. 5pm-9pm

Saturday 16th February (Arvo). Tiki Island Garden Party 1-5pm Friday 22nd February. Jack James. Come and see this performer…..5pm-9pm.

Saturday 23rd February (Arvo). Tiki Island Garden Party. Music and cocktails in the beer garden. 1-5pm.

Sunday 24th February. The Locals Only Show hosted by Dan Burns and featuring many guest artists. 1pm-5pm.

Previous articleThe Rotary Markets – Bribie Island
Next articleA VERY HANDY FAMILY TO CALL
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.