Bribie Island sport – LITTLE ATHLETICS STATE CHAMPIONSHIPS

By The Bribie Islander Gloss Magazine

little athletics bribie island

Array
(
    [top dis] => 
    [bottom dis] => 
)

Ten Bribie District Little Athletics kids will be representing their Centre to a whole new level next weekend when they make the trek north for the McDonalds Little Athletics State Championships. This Year held in Townsville. Fourteen of our athletes made it to States though some, unfortunately, can’t make it.

These athletes will compete in many sprint races, Sprint Hurdles, Long Distance Running, Race Walking, Discus, Long Jump, and High Jump. To make it to this level each of these athletes had to finish in the top four places at Regional Championships and many of the posted Personal Bests in doing so.

Even with the terrible effects that Cyclone Oma had on Townsville and the track being underwater at one stage, the city was keen for the event to go on. Our families are looking forward to the Townsville visit to support their city and our athletes. Bribie District Little Athletics has come along way in two short years, the Centre was formed on a whim, with no funding on equipment to go along with it.

Through the generosity of our Community organisations, Businesses, and individuals we now have the equipment that we can call our own, that can cater to the 165 athletes that signed on this year. Next year however we are faced with another challenge. Little Athletic Australia passed a rule a few years back that collapsible hurdles will be made mandatory from the 2019/20 season. This means that Bribie District Little Athletes must come up with 80 new hurdles for next season.

We have been lucky enough to acquire 10 hurdles through a McDonalds Australia Grant. Many more are however needed, and we are asking for help from our local community again. Each hurdle is $110, and if any businesses are interested in sponsoring one or many, your business name and phone number will be printed on it.

Any assistance we can get is greatly appreciated by us and the children we provide these opportunities too. If you have any questions, please contact us at [email protected]

Cheers, Team Bribie!

Previous articleDEMENTIA TRAINING CRITICAL FOR CARE WORKERS
Next articleMy Police – Traffic operation conducted in Bribie Island
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.