)

Australian Government Bureau of Meteorology
Queensland

Featured Image(above) – radar image taken at 4.00pm 15/03/2019

TOP PRIORITY FOR IMMEDIATE BROADCAST

Severe Thunderstorm Warning – Southeast Queensland

for DAMAGING WINDS, HEAVY RAINFALL, and LARGE HAILSTONES

Latest storm warning track map

For people in Ipswich, Logan, Scenic Rim, Lockyer Valley, Moreton Bay and parts of Somerset, Southern Downs, Toowoomba, Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast, and Brisbane City Council Areas.

Issued at 3:52 pm on Friday, 15 March 2019.

The Bureau of Meteorology warns that at 3:40 pm, severe thunderstorms were detected on the weather radar near Beaudesert, the area south of Toowoomba, Mount Nebo, Jondaryan and the area east of Dalby. They are forecast to affect Laidley, Gatton and Caboolture by 4:20 pm and Strathpine, Beerburrum and Mount Beerwah by 4:50 pm.

Damaging winds, heavy rainfall (locally intense) that may lead to flash flooding and large hailstones are likely.

Mulgowie has recorded 62mm in 30 minutes.

Queensland Fire and Emergency Services advises that people should:
* Move your car under cover or away from trees.
* Secure loose outdoor items.
* Never drive, walk or ride through flood waters. If it’s flooded, forget it.
* Seek shelter, preferably indoors and never under trees.
* Avoid using the telephone during a thunderstorm.
* Beware of fallen trees and powerlines.
* For emergency assistance contact the SES on 132 500.

The next warning is due to be issued by 4:55 pm.

A more general severe thunderstorm warning is also current for the Southeast Coast and parts of the Central Highlands and Coalfields, Central West, Wide Bay and Burnett, Maranoa and Warrego and Darling Downs and Granite Belt districts.

Warnings are also available through TV and Radio broadcasts, the Bureau’s website at www.bom.gov.au or call 1300 659 219. The Bureau and Queensland Fire and Emergency Services would appreciate warnings being broadcast regularly.

Latest warnings from the Bureau of Meteorology

Latest radar imagery from the Bureau of Meteorology

Previous articleGloss Magazine Bribie Islander 6th Edition March 15 2019 Issue 83
Next articleThe Bribie Winelander March 2019
A highly successful sales and leadership career working in a number of different and very competitive industries. Engaging with decision makers at all levels in business and government. Three decades employed by corporations, SME businesses in senior roles and almost twelve years operating as a freelance contractor has equipped me well for all aspects of business. Whether leading and mentoring sales teams, or in a direct sales role I enjoy the challenge to meet and exceed expectations. Making a real and tangible difference in either a team environment or as an individual is an important personal goal I have consistently achieved throughout my career. In all of my business and personal dealings over the years there is one issue that stands out above all others - communication. Excellent communication skills creates trust, helps with mutually beneficial outcomes and above all cements long lasting positive relationships. I strive everyday to communicate effectively with the people I encounter.